Friday, May 9, 2008

X-Life Project

090508
When I was in grade eight, we had to take a class called Life Skills, abbreviated on schedules and report cards as X-Life. There were four one-semester classes: Foods, Sewing, Drafting and Woodwork. My favourites by far were Drafting and Woodwork. I already knew how to cook and sew and ugly shorts were not my idea of a fun project, but I loved drafting and woodwork was even better. If you went to my high school, you likely have one of these benches - I think there were three in our house at one point. This one has been my faithful companion since grade eight. It has been a bedside table, a resting place for a CD player, a telephone table, a Christmas tree stand, a stool to reach the top shelf of our cupboards in the kitchen built for giants (seriously!), and now it's a foot rest so that my ankles come back from vacation!

p365-130-08

No comments: