Friday, February 22, 2008

Reading Jump Start

220208
So, I've been in a reading funk. Nothing I pick up interests me and it doesn't seem to matter what it is. So, I tried an old standby...Harry Potter. I finished this one tonight after starting it last night. I'll probably read all seven and then my reading appetite will be back (and hey, I gotta get that reading in now, while I can!)

Also, this book inspired the following conversation from the one who "doesn't read"

A: You're pretty into that book, hey?

S: Yup! You should read it when I'm done.

A: Maybe...

S: It's good. I think you'd like it.

A: Well, okay. I guess.

S: Excellent. Promise?

A: Yeah, I promise. Add it to the pile.

S: thinking : Woohoo! Got the anti-Harry Potter guy to agree to read the book. Mmmm...

A: Hey, I didn't just agree to read Harry Potter, did I?

HAHAHA! Once he reads it, I'm sure he'll be hooked. He didn't want to watch the movies, but in a moment of weakness when I was recovering last winter he agreed to watch the first one with me...which led to conversations that went like this "When can we rent the rest of them?!?!?!?!"

p365-53-08

No comments: