Saturday, February 9, 2008

Missing Patch

090208
I rented a movie tonight and since we don't have a couch yet, the only place to sit in the living room is the rocking chair and I couldn't see myself sitting in the rocking chair for the duration of a movie...but, I did have my work computer at home, so I thought I could curl up in bed with the computer and watch my movie. HA! Not likely. In the last six months the computer has had some issues, most of which started when it contracted a trojan. The sound has vanished, the settings change on their own and all kinds of other things. Apparently when they wiped the hard drive to get rid of the trojan, they forgot to install a patch that enables the DVD played to decode DVDs. And since it's a work computer, I don't have administrative prilividges...so out of luck on the movie watching. It explains a lot though...we had tried to watch a number of work-related DVDs a few months ago and they didn't work...we blamed it on the person who created the DVDs...seems that my computer actually needs to go back to the computer doctor for a check up.

p365-40-08

No comments: