Wednesday, March 26, 2008

New Food?

260308
I have a cupboard full of cookbooks. Quite literally. And there are a couple I use all the time, but mostly I have one or two recipes from each one that I use and that's about it. I actually get most things I make out of my black spiral book - the one with hand written recipes, taped/glued in recipes from the paper or magazines, cards from friends or relatives - that's where the good stuff is.

Alex and I have been finding it a challenge to get food on the table with our crazy work schedules and lunches have been fun too. I think we both finally ate one too many peanut butter sandwiches, so the last few weeks we've been combing the cookbooks looking for things that we can both make (meaning not too time consuming, complicated or full of things the cub doesn't like. Fish has not seen the inside of our house since before Christmas as the cub seems to have a huge dislike for it right now. Which makes me sad. And Alex too. We both like fish. And miss it.) and that will make decent leftovers for lunches.

Anyway, it's been great to go through the cookbooks together - we got a few great ones as shower and wedding presents and we haven't used them yet, but they have some tasty looking recipes in them.

PS Happy Birthday Mom!

p365-86-08

No comments: