Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Last Winter's Mystery Knitting

211107
Back in January, when I was confined to the house and spend a lot of time sitting at the kitchen table, my mom and I discovered just how leaky the back door was. It's old. It's divided like a barn door. It has a stained glass window. All these things contribute to leakage.

AND it had a huge gap between the bottom of the door and the floor.

GRRRR...so I started making this using some bits and pieces of wool. I only got partway to finishing it, there is still one step left here. It still needed to be felted. But that required numerous trips up and down the stupid, scary stairs and I didn't think I could demand someone else do that. So I waited. And then it got warm. And then I forgot about it. Until the other day when it cooled off again. And the kitchen was drafty. And the floor was cold.

So I finally felted it...and today, it was dry from the felting, so I stuffed it and voilĂ ! we have the finished product. And it's already making a difference in floor temperature!

p365-325-07

No comments: