Monday, July 16, 2007

Chocolate Mousse Nostalgia

160707
When we were kids, my Mom used to make these yummy chocolate mousses. She's put them in square red tupperware boxes with clear lids and if we were lucky, we'd get to have one when there was company. We knew how to make the frozen chocolate and rum goodness last for as long as possible before it turned into a runny, melted mess. A few summers, some friends of my parents' from university house-sat in Summerland at a beautiful house with a view and an orchard and a pool and we would go over and spend the day with them and we'd take chocolate mousse.

Tonight, Sheila, half of the house-sitting couple, arrived at our house for a few days, just in time for dinner. Neither my parents or Sheila remember the mousse in Summerland, but my sisters do. So it was fitting when out came the square red tupperware, filled with mousse, on a hot summer's night when we had company for dinner.

My Mom hasn't made mousse in years, but it was still as yummy and special as I remembered it!

p365-197-07

No comments: