Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Goodbye Rocker

180613

When I first moved into my own place (the Hobbit Hole), I owned a bed and a computer desk and a bench that I made in grade 9 woodwork. I had scraped my pennies together (I still worked at a corporate entertainment office and was being paid in peanuts and beer…okay, fine, peanuts, I paid for the beer from my peanuts) and managed to buy a table and chairs a dresser and a wardrobe (the Hobbit Hole didn’t believe in closets). A friend donated a well-loved couch she had received from friends who had purchased it at a second-hand store. My parents brought me some bits and pieces from their house and my mom bought a couple of things that had been in a show suite that had sold…this rocking chair was one of those things. It worked well in the Hobbit Hole. It had a place in Blue House and even in the Pink Palace, but it has never worked in this apartment. It’s been in the living room and J’s bedroom and is now back in the living room.

Or it was. We put it on craigslist and within in minutes we had gotten rid of it and had 10+ backups if the first person fell through. And I’m not going to miss it. A rocking chair is nice when you have small children but this one is not the most comfortable…it always made my back sore. And when we have a bit more space, I will be investing in a glider. I do still have small children!

No comments: