Sunday, June 12, 2011

Power Nap And Trampoline And Vanilla Yogurt

We had a busy day today - J's cousin had her third birthday party this afternoon. And it started during J's nap time. And it was a 45 minute drive away. So, I made J lie down early for her nap...which usually doesn't work.

120611

But today it did. When I came in to wake her up, I found her on top of her caterpillar, asleep on the floor.

120611

She had a great time at the party, especially when she discovered the trampoline and daddy agreed to be her trampoline buddy. She waited patiently for her turn. There were a lot of bigger kids who go to go first. She really didn't want to leave.

But it was worth it...after the party, we were going to visit my aunt and uncle. It turned out the party went longer than I thought it would, so we were going to grab a bite to eat, then pop in for a quick hello before rushing home, but instead we got ourselves a dinner invitation. And what a dinner it was (sorry no pictures): my uncle's friends brought over homemade manicotti, there were HUGE, butterflied garlic prawns, some lovely salmon and to J's absolute delight, thick, vanilla Greek yogurt with berries and apple strudel and cookies. I think J ate almost all the berries and pretty much all the yogurt herself.

What a great day!

No comments: